Friday, September 02, 2005

Why I Contribute to Free Software

One of my interests includes writing software. By writing software, I get to create things that are used from anywhere from myself up to literally millions of people. Thus, by putting my efforts into free software, I can do my own little part to help everyone else.

The particular type of software that I write is called "free software". Free software is free not just in cost, but in other ways as well. For example, others can take parts of my hard work and use this work in their work.

One of the most attractive things about free software is that my contributions to society don't get used up. The more people that use my work, the more its done for others. Is there any other way to give that keeps giving?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home